POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Heightfields in Moray : Re: Heightfields in Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfields in Moray
From: Tommy Grav
Date: 14 Mar 2000 14:28:41
Message: <38CE92ED.1A5D15F7@astro.uio.no>
Tommy Grav wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to use the height field object in Moray, but I'm having no luck in
> getting what I want.
> I have created a ghf using the Terrain Maker program, converted this to a
> tga-file using
> LPaser. I then use the height field object with the tga-file as a source. Using
> the read button
> the heightfield looks quite good, but when I render it I do not get a result
> that looks like the
> grid look in Moray. It seems that it just traces the lower portions of the
> height field. I'm
> using a flat color, so the material should not be the problem.
>
> Can anyone help

More investigation of the problem reveals that the hightfield is as it should be,
so it is the read-button in the height field object that gives something that
appears
to be the opposite of the actuall heightfield (high areas where there should be
low and
low where the high should be). Is this a bug or am I using the heigh field object
wrong?

Thanks in advance